Sunday 7th August
GATES OPEN AT 18:00 with a pre theatre performance by the Rock Choir starting at 18:30 for 30 mins. Theatre show starts at 19:00 (2 hours including interval)
Come and be enchanted too by this exciting, funny and intriguing new production designed to appeal to the whole family. Suitable for all age groups.
“If we shadows have offended, Think but this, and all is mended… That you have but slumbered here While these visions did appear…”
Pre show performance by THE UK’S ORIGINAL, AWARD-WINNING, LOCAL, CONTEMPORARY CHOIR If you love to sing, you’ll love Rock Choir!
No auditions and no musical knowledge needed. It’s all about singing, fun, community, friendship and life-changing experiences! Our choir experience offers local weekly rehearsals, performances and life-affirming events. We rehearse in over 250 towns across the UK. Pontyclun, Cowbridge and Bridgend Rock Choirs and their leader Stephanie Todd have performed in many local events and supported charities by singing in concerts, festivals and fetes since they began 11 years ago.
They have recorded at Abbey Road Studios; performed at Disney, Paris; and are looking forward to singing with 1000 Rock Choir voices at the new ICC building at Celtic Manor, this October. They are delighted to be part of a wonderful summers evening at Margam Park. PERFORMANCE STARTS AT 6.30 pm (30 mins).
- The performance is in the Orangery Gardens, no seating is provided so please bring along your blankets and picnic chairs.
- The performance will happen whatever the weather – so bring brollies if a shower is forecast!
- Refreshments (including Gin Bar) will be available from the Orangery plus delicious wood fired pizzas from The Gower Dough Company.
- Gates open at 6.00pm. Theatre show starts at 7.00 pm. Rock Choir performance starts at 6.30 pm.
- Theatre Performance is 2 hours with an interval.
- Parking is within the Orangery Car Park which is a short walk on a flat path to the performance area.
Quantum Theatre tours nationally with new adaptations of classic texts and Shakespeare plays. All Quantum productions are written/adapted and directed by the Artistic Director, Michael Whitmore, whose work captures the essence and spirit of the original texts whilst presenting them in a fast-paced, tightly choreographed and highly entertaining style. He has written over thirty five plays including adaptations of classic texts and new work on the National Curriculm for Science, Maths and English and pieces on World War One, environmental issues and the Olympics. He continues to create new work for the company every year.
Jessica Selous Is Co-Artistic Director and paints the sets, creates the costumes and makes props, puppets and creates the publicity for all Quantum shows.
Gideon Escott writes and arranges the music for all Quantum Productions and has written over twenty new scores for the company as well as arranging folk songs, nursery rhymes and old standards for various productions.