The series of geocache sites are now up and running in the Park! The cache sites are spread throughout the 1000 acreas of the Park, some are easy finds close to pathways other are more of a challenge! Goecaching is a great way to enjoy the Park and visit areas you may have not visited before!
Getting Started with Geocaching
Geocaching (pronounced geo-cashing) is a worldwide game of hiding and seeking treasure. A geocacher can place a geocache in the world, pinpoint its location using GPS technology and then share the geocache's existence and location online. Anyone with a GPS device can then try to locate the geocache. To learn more and start log onto www.geocaching.com
Before You Go
- Find a geocache that will meet your immediate goals. Are you looking for a difficult hike or an easy adventure? Learn How to Find a Geocache.
- If you're headed out on the trail, pack any needed supplies such as water, food and extra clothing. Bring both a map and a compass. Check geocache terrain and difficulty ratings.
- For safety, let someone know where you are going.
- Do not forget your GPS and extra batteries.
- Need a GPS? Read GPS Device Reviews and our Guide to Buying a GPS Device.