Whether you are visiting from afar or popping in for your regular daily dog walk we are always happy to welcome you.
Where can we go with our dogs? Almost everywhere- however not in the Main Castle, Children's Play areas , the Gift Shop or Charlotte's Pantry (guide dogs are the exception).
We ask you to keep dogs on leads in the historic deer park, gardens and farm trail. Off lead areas, but still under close control, are on the Castle lawns as far as the farm trail, behind the castle, East Lodge car park area and East Lodge Star Field area.
You can explore:
• Deer Park - Leads here please. Our parkland is a dog walking heaven. Please be mindful however that our deer roam in the Parkland so dogs must be under CLOSE control and on a LEAD at all times.
• Formal gardens - With your dog on its lead, wander through the formal gardens, lots of benches to rest and enjoy the sun.
• Charlotte's Pantry Courtyard - We have lots of benches in the castle visitor centre courtyard, you can sit and enjoy a snack close to the Cafe.
We love dogs but not all our visitors do so please help us stay dog friendly by following our guidelines-
• Pick up after your pooch - We supply dog poop bags at the entrance cabin should you forget to bring yours. You can put the bags IN ANY OF THE PARK BINS. Please DON'T leave bags in our hedges and under bushes.
• Keep your dogs with you at all times - dogs should never be left unattended when you visit the Park.
Dog Wash - The first of its kind in Wales! - OPEN
The Park now boasts a self-service Dog Wash area, conveniently located near the toilets by the Car Park Entrance Cabin.
This easy to use facility is ideal for washing your muddy pooches or simply giving your pampered pet a weekly treat. The machine features warm water, natural products and two speed dryer … leaving your car and home clean and you ready to relax after your “walkies”!
It's fun and easy to use at a low cost!
Review from Debbie one of the first to try the Dog Wash out with her dog Teddy 'It was great. I've often wished you had something like this. It was very easy to use, I think I might have been the first to use it . Reasonable too. The water is warm too which is excellent. So comfortable for the dogs and the hands, one more really good point is that you don't need "money" as you pay for it using a card, so there's no fumbling around looking for change.'