Whether you are visiting from afar or popping in for your regular daily dog walk we are always happy to welcome you.
Where can we go with our dogs?
Almost everywhere! However not in the Main Castle, Children's Play areas , the Gift Shop or Charlotte's Pantry (Guide dogs are the exception).
You can explore:
• Parkland - Our parkland is a dog walking heaven. With 500 acres to explore this is the best spot for letting them stretch their legs and chase a ball, please be mindful however that our deer roam in the Parkland so dogs must be under CLOSE control. At times in the year we will ask you to keep them on leads- particularly for the fawning time when our deer give birth. We will put signs up during these times to let you know.
• Formal gardens - With your dog on its lead, wander through the formal gardens, lots of benches to rest and enjoy the sun.
• Charlotte's Pantry - We have lots of benches in the castle visitor centre courtyard, you can sit and enjoy a snack close to the Cafe.We love dogs but not all our visitors do! So please help us stay dog friendly by following our guidelines-
• Pick up after your pooch - We supply dog poop bags at the entrance cabin should you forget to bring yours. You can put the bags IN ANY OF THE PARK BINS. Please DON'T leave bags in our hedges and under bushes.
• Keep your dogs with you at all times - dogs should never be left unattended when you visit the Park.
You may also be interested in walks in the Park
, discovering nature
, shopping and eating