Please note: the lake is closed for fishing until further notice. This is due to construction work currently taking place on the lake.
COARSE FISHING on Furzemill Lake
Day tickets: Adults: £8.00 Children/Concessions: £4.80 CARD PAYMENTS ONLY - RESTRICTED CAPACITY
You are able to arrive from 9.15 to book your space. Please don't arrive prior to this.
Fishing Times 2021: 10.00am - 3.30pm
- Mixed coarse fishery is available at Furzemill Pond. The pond has Bream, Rudd and two different species of Carp
- A maximum of 8 anglers pemitted, per day, including juniors. Anglers under 14yrs must be accompanied by an adult
- A current Environmental Agency (NRA) licence is required, and must be presented at permit purchase
- We have a platform for disabled anglers - please check availability before your visit
- Furzemill is a nature reserve - please assist us to keep this area clean by taking away your litter.
- The far side of the lake, opposite the dam and pegs, is a conservation area where there is strictly no fishing.
Permits may be purchased at the entrance kiosk. Please retain your receipt as proof of payment - spot checks are carried out.
There are a limited number of spaces at the rear Castle courtyard. Parking near the lake for registered disabled anglers may be made available by arrangement on arrival at the entry kiosk. Fishermen are asked whilst driving through the park to adhere to the 15mph speed limit and ensure that hazard light are on at all times.
- Permits are not transferable
- Maximum of 2 rods per angler
- Fishing and ground baiting with baits such as BOILIES, TIGER NUTS and PEANUTS are strictly prohibited at all times
- No spinning allowed
- Barbless hooks only
- The Park Management reserve the right to search bags / baskets should it be deemed necessary to do so
- The Park Management reserve the right to stop fishing at any time without prior notice